Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What's a Jugger Noodler?



The Jugger Noodler, is a circuit bent Yamaha CP-11. This wasn't a very versatile electronic keyboard to begin with, but through applied variable resistance, desirable frequency modulation is attained. Some of these sonic by-products being somewhat random, others are completely controllable. I still have plans to further modify these keys. Next I plan to install an output bank that separates the arpeggio, melody, rhythm and bass line signals to 4 discreet outputs. Once I have done this I will add some effects and then re-mix the outputs through two guitar amps!?!? The other ideas are to use the rhythm parts to trigger a beefier drum machine. If I am going to summon the self transforming demon machine elf from the 7th dimension, everyone knows he only awakens to 808 drum sounds.

No comments: